Favorite Opening Credits: Orange Is The New Black
"All those eyes and mouths that make up the "Orange Is The New Black" opening credits are from real women, not actors.
Set to Regina Spektor’s “You’ve Got Time,” the credits are a montage of smiles, frowns, glares and stares of formerly incarcerated women, and other prison mainstays like barbed wire, fingerprinting, handcuffs and more.
The credits were designed, at the request of creator Jenji Kohan, to get the point across that the show wasn’t just going to be telling the story of Piper Chapman.” (x)
(Source: qoven)July 25th with 41,616 notes | reblog
- A. WHY MY LAST RELATIONSHIP ENDED.
- B. FAVORITE BAND.
- C. WHO I LIKE AND WHY I LIKE THEM.
- D. HARDEST THING I’VE EVER BEEN THROUGH.
- E. MY BEST FRIEND.
- F. MY FAVOURITE MOVIE.
- G. SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
- H. DO I SMOKE/DRINK?
- I. HAVE ANY TATTOOS OR PIERCINGS?
- J. WHAT I WANT TO BE WHEN I GET OLDER.
- K. RELATIONSHIP WITH MY PARENTS.
- L. ONE OF MY INSECURITIES.
- M. VIRGIN OR NOT?
- N. FAVOURITE PLACE TO SHOP AT?
- O. MY EYE COLOUR.
- P. WHY I HATE SCHOOL.
- Q. RELATIONSHIP STATUS AS OF RIGHT NOW.
- R. FAVOURITE SONG AT THE MOMENT.
- S. A RANDOM FACT ABOUT MYSELF.
- T. AGE I GET MISTAKEN FOR.
- U. WHERE I WANT TO BE RIGHT NOW.
- V. LAST TIME I CRIED.
- W. CONCERTS I’VE BEEN TO.
- X. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF (…)?
- Y. DO YOU WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE.
- Z. HOW ARE YOU?
July 25th with 32,777 notes | reblog
pros of turning 18: can legally do the stuff i already do
cons of turning 18: no longer the dancing queen
"I chose the impossible. I chose… Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor. Where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality. Where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well."
(Source: starkovings)July 25th with 4,445 notes | reblog
July 25th with 21,576 notes | reblog
Has anyone ever noticed that when you’re talking about our history with some white people they always say stuff like “We walked on the moon” or, “We won the Revolutionary War” or, “We invented television” or some other modern day appliance but then when you get to the bad stuff it’s “They owned slaves” and, “They denied people civil rights” and They committed genocide.
July 25th with 59,366 notes | reblog
My fav thing about tumblr is the complete lack of country music it makes me feel like this is where I should be
July 25th with 183,230 notes | reblog
"you’re too young to determine your sexuality" said no one to the heterosexual teenager